31 March 2008

Birthday Part 4




Sunday & my launch of the new SU! year - as already published prior I thought it would be great to invite ALL to make the lovely card cased from Pauline McCardle using the Time Well Spent hostess set from the new catalogue (which we can order from APRIL 1 2008 & counting!). First hiccup discovered I didn't actually own any lovely Lilac CS - I'd used up what I had casing & making her card in the first place. So my colour consultant Pete suggested we change Lovely Lilac CS to Lavender Lace, Barely Banana to So Saffron, Sage Shadow to Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst to Brocade Blue & Pretty in Pink to Regal Rose. The same but slightly different, I love mounting the different coloured flowers on top of each other. Thanks Pauline, everyone really loved it & appreciated it once they'd cut out all their flowers! But it is a very special card & the sentiment is perfect "Time spent with friends is time well spent".

Poor Pete did a runner after the first 4 girls were in the house but he did pour us some bubbly!

Now for all my goodies I received my dear neighbour & friend Joan had pretended she needed to take pictures of cats a few weeks ago for her grandchildren's school project - so my boys were asked to pose (they did try hard). I must admit looking at Tiger's photo I think I can hear Whiskas' ringing me any minute to sort out his contract - what a star he looks! She as you can see was planning to immortalise them for ever on canvas - ain't they sweet & so beautiful says their proud mummy.



I was spoilt rotten in all honesty. Lee made me a yummy banana cake - which was enjoyed by all!!



Where to start with all my hand-stamped cards & gifts! In order of arrival - Jeanetta was really creative, she had made the wrapping paper using the about to be retired Stipple Shells, colours used were True Thyme (also about to be retired), Sahara Sand and Basic Brown.



The card matched the lovely wee bunch of dahlias from her garden. Fittingly the stamp set used is called Touch of Nature and the Happy Birthday is from the retiring hostess set Warmest Regards, card stock the retiring Cranberry Crisp - think we're all going to miss it as it's so versatile. Plus a lovely bookmark with Old Olive, Cranberry Crisp and stamped with Love Swirls wheel.



But wait there's more a hand made box with kit set coasters - she used her Simply Sent kit Remembering You. Box was made with True Thyme card stock. Great design & dare I say it I'll be pulling apart to use as a template!



Clare used the SAB set Birthday Whimsy. Colours used Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion, Orchid Opulence & Tempting Turquoise (think I can guess what her starter kit colours were).


Thank you everybody for a really super afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen