1 March 2008

Easter Treat Part 1


Rachael Knight one of the fellow SU! demos I am lucky to be in the same team with gave me a dinky wee acetate triangle box at Christmas. She had used the d'vine swirls embossing folder and Stazon Baby Blue ink to colour hers up and filled it up with those rock hard cola roller balls - yum says me but know I'm in the minority on that one.

For an Easter treat I thought it would be fun to see how hard it was to make one using acetate instead of paper. I know from making triangle boxes from paper you have to score accurately and quite heavily so was wondering how I would manage with the acetate. Opening my Christmas treat up I could see the original dimension was 6x4" and thought my dots and blooms embossing folder was more appropriate for the oval mini Easter eggs I wanted to put inside.

The embossing did look cool but not as deep as Rachael's which she achieved - mine didn't really take up any of the Stazon when I was tapping it lightly on the surface of the acetate - will try a few with a sheet of card stock extra to see if I can make the embossing stand out more next time.

Still happy with how it looks and it was surprisingly easy to score though I was using the scoring blade that fits into my Fiskars cutter.

UPDATE: from Rachael she played around with different types of acetate and the thicker the better. She recycled and cleaned off acetate covers from reports that were being thrown out at her work - very enterprising. She'd also like to credit our upline Jacque with the idea of embossing the acetate and inking with the Stazon but if my memory serves me right it might have been Jacque's right hand woman Tui that came up with that idea. All around I think the power of 3 or should that be 4 - we're a charmed lot definitely though.

But I'd still like to say a BIG thank you to Rachael for the sweet idea of making a triangle box out of the acetate, as they do look rather cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen