23 October 2008

Non-traditional Christmas Card

The latest challenge from my SBS sisters is to make a Christmas card using non-traditional Christmas colours! No reds and greens!! and Kristina's current challenge is to use reds or pinks.



Ahh (light bulb switching on here!) my Christmas card I sent to my Aussie friends last year - inspired by my very talented upline Jacque Pedersen. Here it is in it's magnificent PINKNESS!

Stampin Up and Lovely As A tree
Stamp set/s: Lovely As A Tree, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, All Year Cheer I (retired)
Ink: Regal Rose, Versamark
Cardstock: Whisper white & Regal Rose
Other: White embossing powder & glitter mix, word window punch, rose grosgrain ribbon

The tree has just been stamped off 3 or 4x to create this effect.

PS I love this done in night of navy too - the "snow" looks even more spectacular then!

14 comments:

  1. Well done on combining the two challenges. What a fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I have just brought this set, I will have to give this on a go

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Who would have thought that pink would create such a lovely winter scene! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! I love the uniqueness of the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this card. It looks like you had fun with this. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on both challenges! I have a pink Christmas card idea for mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. I love that stamp set. I am always looking for new ways to use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love your gorgeous trees in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Karen, I should have to leave credit to you on my page for all of the inspiration you have given me. Your image (so beautiful), is what I had looked at and what made me decide to go with pink!
    You really do have a great card, I love checking out your blog, always great things to check out!
    Hugs to you, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're too kind Leslie - hugs back!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done!! i adore this card!!! You have been entered:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely LOVE this card! I've done this same technique with both black and blue before! Isn't it such a stunning effect! Great job!

    Thanks for sharing and bringing this idea back to me! Maybe I'll make these for my Christmas cards this year! Hmmmm...


    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing card. I tried to post a comment, when you posted the card on the blog, but I was getting an error message.
    Hugs Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely STUNNING! I never thought of doing it in PINKS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen