3 July 2009

Easy flower pot cards

A while back I created my first flower pot card the traditional way - click HERE to see it.

So when the planning came up for my team's winter extravaganza of stamping projects I volunteered to do it. In hindsight am I really glad the very talented Andrea Walford created a template to print directly onto the card stock - this is my easiest prep ever. The original concept was to use stamped flowers which look really beautiful & colourful but time consuming to cut out. Then Pauline McCardle shared with me what she'd done using the scallop punch with designer paper , black circle centres & rhinestone brads - they looked pretty amazing BUT along came Laurie from Inspired Designs with her sunflowers & I would not be budged I LOVED IT and guess what it's really easy (so perfect for an event like ours). So I've used her idea but created it in pink pirouette; as chocolate & pink are so yummy.


Stamp set: Thank You Kindly, Best Yet
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Bella Rose DSP
Punches: Scallop eyelet border, 1-¼" circle, 1" circle, small oval, 5-petal flower, boho blossom punch, ¼" circle punch (I used a hole punch)
Other: Pink pirouette ribbon

Well I'm quietly confident that this will be a success tomorrow & I hope everyone that is attending has a great day (including all us demos).

8 comments:

  1. Your flower pot is beautiful Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I miss extravaganzas! Hope it all goes well. Your flower pot is sure to be a hit - the colour combo is YUMMY and punches are a winner every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 04, 2009

    This is a fabulous project, Karen! I love it! I think I should give it a try.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen, Love it, and the scallops sure would speed it up (I made mine with LOTS of cutting). Thanks for sharing the great idea. Sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. As one of the lucky attendees at the SU Extravaganza I can definitely say that your card was one of the highlights - it's gorgeous. Thanks Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good card Karen, what a great idea to make a template to make it quicker!

    Sounds like everyone had a good time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Karen. Just wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog. It really meant a lot to me. Hugs to you, Leslie
    PS, I love your flower pot card and the bag you made up on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my kind of flower pot card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen