5 December 2009

Butterflies are multiplying




I was so excited when I saw the Butterfly Prints stamp set in the mini catalogue for quite a few reasons:



  •  My mum loves butterflies (no.1)



  • It has a matching punch - yah no more cutting - I know some of you think I'm mean when I make you cut things out at class but it sure does add WOW to projects and the punch also co-ordinates with the Flight of the Butterflies stamp set - double WOW



  • It's phenomenal value - only $28.95 
  • I love the saying with the set Love is like a butterfly...it goes where it pleases & pleases where it goes

I knew this was the project I wanted to use for my Open Home launch last night (thanks all that braved the torrential rain in Auckland - hard to imagine it is "SUMMER") and was inspired by Anabel Welch's demo swap card in Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence and Pixie Pink as it was so bright & colourful.




I tried a Barely Banana, Pink Pirouette and Tangerine Tango combo & liked it but seemed to be lacking a wee bit of wow - so out came the colour coach (only $22.50 for us colour challenged people) and it's colour combo for Tempting Turquoise is Cameo Coral and Apricot Appeal & I loved it!



So this was last night's make n' take apart from Mrs B's phenomenal Christmas Cake which I can't believe we demolished a whole cake in one night; just as well I have another one for the big day. Plus we all had a wee play with my new toy - the Circle Scissors Plus - you can see a video using the Circle Scissors in action by clicking HERE.



"Thinking of You" on the front of the card comes from Trendy Trees too by the way. Enjoy the weekend we do have a wee bit of blue sky!

6 comments:

  1. These are great. I'm salivating over the punch. Too bad you didn't live in the states I need a demonstrator to order from since I am not one anymore :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute card and so easy to make with the punch.. What a great idea to use the colour coach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Great colour combo too... I must get a colour coach myself and can see it might be a time saver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Karen. I am also a fan of the Butterflies, now I just need to get some, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these butterflies, very pretty Karen!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! I'm excited about that butterfly punch too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen