28 May 2011

Brayering inspired by Paula

I'll have some more Convention photos coming but thought I'd share one of the cards we made at my home class last night (the other one I'd already blogged HERE). I was inpsired by the fabulous card that Paula Dobson from my team had swapped with me at Convention which I blogged about with my last posting. As the first card for class was already prepped & the predominating colour was Cajun Craze I had to change the colour combo - using my unbelievably fantastic Colour Coach I recreated Paula's card in More Mustard & Garden Green & as I know Paula loves Garden Green I'm sure she'll be happy with my efforts ;)

Stamp set: Just Believe
Ink: Garden Green, More Mustard
Paper: Garden Green, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Punches: Word Window, 1-1/4" circle
Other: Brayer, vintage brads, post it note


Take a look at the difference sanding does to a solid stamp. I always sand my solid stamps lightly before use & then clean, as I had used this stamp set before I was a bit shocked to see how it stamped. Click on the image above to make it go larger too.

The image on the LHS is my demo from class & the one on the RHS my sample prep before class. I might post a  So Saffron / Wild Wasabi combo one day too.Sanding blocks are only $7.95 for 2 - once you own them you'll wonder how you ever did without them.

Last but not least I'll share a monochromatic wee note card my fabulous downline Sally Williams gave me using the Just Believe stamp set and Crumb Cake ink, ribbon & card stock - fabulous - very classy.


Well I think everyone enjoyed last night's class as those that didn't already own a brayer ordered one. Remember my home classes are the last Friday of the month at my place 7pm kickoff but if you'd like to have a go at doing something you see on my blog schedule a home workshop & now is the perfect time to host a home workshop (if your home is too small you can use my place) .


Stampin' Up! has announced an amazing promotion which has just kicked off & runs until the end of June - all hostesses with workshops with sales of $550 or more (including GST and shipping) that are held between 23 May and 30 June 2011, will earn an EXTRA $100 in hostess rewards on any catalogue merchandise! This is on top of all the other rewards you also receive. You may also gather orders from your friends to take advantage of this great offer & share the rewards of free shopping & stamps. Contact me to book yours today.

3 comments:

  1. Karen, as much as I love Garden Green, I to have to admit to being sceptical when you said what colours you chose to do -BUT- it really works! Thanks also for the sanding tip - off to sand this same set now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely card Karen and I'm glad your class was so successful. Should have come even though I had already done one of the cards before.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen