19 February 2016

Distress Ink "Lifting"

When I saw this fab card of Jen McGuire's I just had to try it as I loved the colours, unfortunately I don't own the beautiful hydrangea stamp (yet) but I can report the technique worked beautifully on my azalea stamp.



In a nutshell the technique removes the distress ink colour with the use of water, then you add complementary colours back in. This really reminded me of bleaching panels but the colours you achieve with the distress inks is so much prettier than bleach - almost Monet-isque.

Recipe:
Stamps: Best Thoughts (Stampin' Up!), Banner Greetings (Stampin' Up!)
Distress Inks: Background & flower : Blueprint Sketch, Pickled Raspberry, Mowed Lawn. Butterfly : Pickled Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Mustard Seed
Card: Whisper White, Ranger Watercolour
Other: Embossing buddy, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, round 4 watercolour brush, dimensionals, gold Wink of Stella brush pen (touch on the flower stamens)


I made this card for my dear friend Judy who's birthday it was on Wednesday but I really enjoyed the technique so much I may make a few more to have in my birthday card stash. Thanks Jen for such a fabulous technique too.

Hope you all have a go too at the technique, you won't be disappointed.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen