26 July 2016

SENZ 2016 : Some of my favourite things I KReated Part 1

Wow not quite a month since SENZ but time flies fast. I must admit I spent a weekend making wedding invites for Pete's daughter plus I've been playing with my Copics working out colour combos & blending a bit. I think I can see why the adult colouring book craze is so big, it truly is very satisfying to straight out colour. More on that another day!


Back to SENZ; I managed to squeeze in 6 classes over 4 days so plenty to share. My favourite class was with Sharon Newport entitled making coloured backgrounds. After the class I think it needs to say making COLOURED backgrounds, wow they were colourful. I think one of the main reasons I enjoyed Sharon's class so much was there was no pressure & it's really fun to get your fingers INKY!

We used Ken Oliver Color Burst powders (class colours as above with 2 extras I also bought, extras were Burnt Umber & Turquoise). I also played at other classes with Beck BT's Color Crush powders which were also fab. For myself I think I liked the control I got with Ken's bottles better rather than the shaker on top of Beck's wee pots. A friend of mine bought back Nuance Magical powders from the Brisbane craft show & I liked them the best as the hole you created yourself with a push pin, so it is quite small & seemed easy to control where you spread the powder.

All 3 powders are amazing though!! A little goes a long way & you can create awesome washes with water.




This piece was my favourite as it used the Alizarin Crimson, Orange & a wee tad of Lemon Yellow. Poof a bit of the powder on in different spots, then spritz with a mister bottle & let the colour reaction begin. Once dry we added a clear medium with stencil. I'm pretty sure the medium I used was my Art Basics Clear Gloss Gel - transparent. Once dry I've sponged it with my Black Soot distress ink, which has darkened all the non-gelled areas. Takes emboss resist to a new level!


This is the reverse of the page above which I touched whilst wet; 2 for the price of one!

Last but not least, love the colours in this which are so intense. Created using Violet, Pthalo Green & Ultramarine Blue.



This was the first class I've ever done with Sharon but I certainly will be looking out for her classes at SENZ 2017!

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen