4 August 2016

Mondo-licious Hydrangea

When I saw this stamp set I knew instantly I had to have it as it's so beautiful - it's also really versatile, so I look forward to making some more cards with it.


My first play was with water-colouring with my distress inks plus I was really fortunate a friend had just returned from a paper crafting show in Aussie where she had picked up some Nuance powders so I got to make some washes with them too. To be honest there wasn't much in it, the Nuance wash was a tad brighter (it's the left hand side card). But I liked the background wash the "traditional way" with my Ranger Distress inks (right hand card). I'm sure Tim Holtz would roll over in horror at the thought of being "traditional" ;)

I embossed the flowers & the word (which comes with the stamp set). I used my black Versafine ink so I could clear emboss it which solves all the problem of tiny dots of black embossing powder being in places you don't want it to be. The stamp set also has matching dies which made cutting it all out rather easy. I used foam tape to mount up & added a few clear sequins for raindrops.




The stamp set is Mondo Hydrangea (Essentials by Ellen) and can be purchased only from the Ellen Hutson store & I would recommend getting the matching dies as well.

I also used this stamp as it was out to whip up a sympathy card, "Thinking of You" can cover so many reasons & I dulled it all down & made a very dull pink background wash & paler lilac-coloured flowers.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen